These are fun to watch, but you should be sharing your ideas about why these commercials are particularly interesting, effective, funny, etc.
I realize that sometimes stopping to analyze some fun experience can feel a little like a chemist analyzing ice cream -- it feels a little beside the point, which is to simply enjoy. However, as a grad student in this department, your job is more like a "media chemist" than a kid with ice cream.
I am confident you have those ideas and insights, so please put them out there for us to read and think about. Also, how about a blog about your sense of mission?
I have seen this TV commercial myself on TV. I found it very amusing myself, but never really thought about this commercial until now. I am trying to figure out why you like this commercial. A thought occurred to me is that perhaps you might like cars. My dad and I usually go to the Auto Show downtown. It also conveys a relationship there between you and the car. It could also be a metaphor relating to different relationships in your life. The commercial could be touching on one's sense of loving relationships and expressing that their product is much more than a car, but a member of the family. LOL
yea, Rick..I like cars and I like that commercial because it reminds me of the times when my brothers play football and the ball hit my car and I would do the same kind of facial expression as the lady from the commercial.
I like that song that was used in the commercial too because it goes along with ad and it portrays the message.
Cho
ReplyDeleteThese are fun to watch, but you should be sharing your ideas about why these commercials are particularly interesting, effective, funny, etc.
I realize that sometimes stopping to analyze some fun experience can feel a little like a chemist analyzing ice cream -- it feels a little beside the point, which is to simply enjoy. However, as a grad student in this department, your job is more like a "media chemist" than a kid with ice cream.
I am confident you have those ideas and insights, so please put them out there for us to read and think about. Also, how about a blog about your sense of mission?
Steve
Cho
ReplyDeleteI have seen this TV commercial myself on TV. I found it very amusing myself, but never really thought about this commercial until now. I am trying to figure out why you like this commercial. A thought occurred to me is that perhaps you might like cars. My dad and I usually go to the Auto Show downtown. It also conveys a relationship there between you and the car. It could also be a metaphor relating to different relationships in your life. The commercial could be touching on one's sense of loving relationships and expressing that their product is much more than a car, but a member of the family. LOL
Rick
yea, Rick..I like cars and I like that commercial because it reminds me of the times when my brothers play football and the ball hit my car and I would do the same kind of facial expression as the lady from the commercial.
ReplyDeleteI like that song that was used in the commercial too because it goes along with ad and it portrays the message.
I've written a blog about my sense of mission and saved it as the draft and haven't posted it yet.
ReplyDelete